I know what you are thinking, black beans with chocolate?! How could that be good?! Give it a chance, I don’t think you will be disappointed!
1 Can Black Beans
1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil
1 Serving Chocolate Protein Powder
5 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
1 Tablespoon Honey (optional)
1-2 Tablespoons Coconut Oil
1-2 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
1. Rinse and drain the can of black beans well.
2. Place black beans and 1 tablespoon coconut oil in large bowl or food processor. Blend with hand mixer or process in food processor until very smooth in consistency. You may need to scrap down the sides. Slowly add in cocoa powder and chocolate protein powder. Taste and add more cocoa powder or the honey if necessary. Depending on the sweetness of your protein powder, you may not need the honey.
3. Place batter in fridge for about 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, remove from fridge and form batter into 12 even dough balls; roll them with your hands. A tip: To keep your hands from getting too sticky, spoon small amounts on a plate lined with parchment paper and place back in the fridge or freezer for 10 minutes. Then take them out and roll them into balls. Place back in fridge while you make chocolate coating.
4. Place remaining cocoa powder and coconut oil in small microwave safe bowl. Put in microwave for 15 second intervals until melted.
5. Coat each ball in melted chocolate by using a fork or toothpick (they don’t have to be perfect!). You can also try drizzling the chocolate on top.
6. Optional: Try rolling the balls in cocoa, sprinkles, nuts or coconut. Place back into the fridge or freezer and enjoy!