These yummy protein and oatmeal banana cups are great for on-the-go and they store well, so you can double or triple the batch and freeze for later. The cups taste like banana bread with a chewy texture of an oatmeal. They are moist, simply delicious and couldn’t be easier to make.
- 3/4 cup mashed overripe banana (1+1/2 large banana measured after mashing)
- 1/2 cup almond/soy/rice milk, unsweetened
- 1/4 cup applesauce, unsweetened
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1+1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup vanilla plant-based protein powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Extra banana slices, for the top (optional)
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and spray non-stick muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together mashed banana, milk, applesauce, coconut oil and vanilla extract. Add oats, protein powder, baking powder, baking soda and gently stir until combined. Fill each tin 2/3 full and top with banana slice (if desired). Bake for 15 minutes and then broil for another 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and muffins are ready to eat immediately. Serve warm or cold.
- Storage Instructions: Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 1 week or freeze for up to 3 months.