I’ve never been a big fan of brussels sprouts until I tried them roasted. I always had them steamed and they always tasted soggy. But this recipe tosses them in a balsamic vinegar and honey mixture after roasting and added such an incredible dimension to them it seals to the deal for me. Brussels sprouts are yummy! Give this recipe a try.
What You’ll Need:
- 1½ lbs brussels sprouts, trimmed & halved
- 3 tbsp olive oil, separated
- ¾ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp honey
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or use a Silpat silicone baking mat.
- Trim off the outer, dry leaves, cut the bottom off and slice sprouts in half.
- In a large bowl, toss brussels sprouts with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to coat thoroughly.
- Transfer the brussels sprouts to baking sheet and roast until tender and caramelized, about 20 minutes.
- Place brussels sprouts back in bowl. Add remaining tablespoon olive oil, balsamic vinegar and honey and toss to coat evenly. Taste and season with kosher salt if necessary and ENJOY!