Why do I do it?
I get asked all the time, why do you wake up at 5am to work out? Why do you lift heavy weights? Why is working out so important to you?
I’m always glad when people ask me these questions. I love talking to people about health and fitness and the importance of working out and/or getting up and moving. I always hope that by me talking about my story and my “why”, that I will encourage and inspire people to make their health and fitness a priority.
I workout because…
- It gives me energy. Starting every morning with a workout is the best start to my day. I get the best workouts in right when I wake up. It’s rewarding to have it done for the day and I think it sets you up for a great day filled with energy, positivity and the will to want to make healthy choices the rest of the day.
- I love feeling strong. Everyone has different goals when working out; some people want to focus on losing weight, some want to focus on toning up, and some want to lift heavy and gain some serious muscle. I kind of fall in all categories; but typically I like to lift heavy, push myself to the extreme and gain some serious muscle. I try to push myself as hard as I can with every workout and every lift- the harder you work, the more results you will see.
- It makes me feel good. I think this goes without saying, but when you workout and eat healthy, you’re going to feel good.
- Key word: Confidence. When i’m in good shape, I feel more confident than ever. I would say overall i’m a very confident woman but when i’m feeling strong and healthy, my confidence spikes to a new high. It’s important that we feel good in our own skin.
- I love my body. I know it’s a cliche quote but it’s so true, “workout because you love your body not because you hate it.” I used to workout because I hated how big my thighs were, or how un-toned my stomach was. It’s when you change your mind set that you get even better results and working out becomes fun and a positive experience. Now i’m even more motivated to workout
These are just a few reasons why I workout. Set your goals, work out to the best of your ability, focus on YOU and you only.
Why do YOU workout?